So the fun begins – this little beast has arrived. Sampling time!
Just a bit of fun … can’t wait to get one of these in a few months
Hope you guys find this interesting. I purchased the GAIA at a Pawn Shop – and it had these horrible painted orange “C” keys. I knew if I was to get it, it would have to be a significant discount, and I would be doing the job of fixing these keys at some stage. I decided to order new keys after trying many chemical methods to remove the paint. It wasn’t too pricey – actually probably cheaper than all the chemicals I purchased.
Anyway, let me know in the comments (on YouTube) and don’t forget to click like – always helps with the searches and my channel.
Links for video:
- Actual USB to 9V adapter cable that I purchased from Aliexpress. (UPDATE: I amended the link – thanks to Naked Bob on my YouTube channel for pointing this out!)
- 1.7mm to 2.1mm DC adapter from Aliexpress.
- DC power splitter cable – 5 way from Aliexpress.
- actual 5600mAh mobile power battery that I own.
- alternative to the 5600mAh – but you’d need to buy your own Li batteries – From Aliexpress and much cheaper than what I paid!.
A video on discovering the Arturia Keystep – a new MIDI controller/sequencer that I recently ordered.
The gear used in the video:
- Arturia KeyStep
- Arturia Microbrute
- Arturia Minibrute
- Korg Volca Sample
- Korg Volca FM
- Moog Slim Phatty
- Strymon BigSky
- Truetone CP-12 OneStop power brick with hacked cables by me
- Roland MX-1
- Roland Boutique JU-06
- MIDI Solutions Quadra Thru
A clean, isolated power solution for your multiple Korg Volcas? With only one mains power plug? Check out how I modify the cables to work with the Korg Volcas and make this a high quality studio power solution for your Korgs!
Be sure to watch at the end for a quick jam of 5 Volca’s sync’d together.
An analog electronica track which emerged whilst falling in love with my Moog Sub 37, Korg Minilogue and Roland JD-Xi. Here’s the gear:
Moog Sub 37
Korg Electribe ER-1
Arturia Beatstep Pro
Ableton Live + Push
NI Maschine Studio
ITB: Xils-lab PolyKBii
Various vocoder samples of me
Please comment and like – it helps with the motivation 😉
Just uploaded a music video of my track King Kong Love Song. The track features some drone GoPro footage of Hong Kong.
original release details here.
- Korg M3
- Korg Electribe ER-1
- Korg Electribe EA-1
- Korg Microkorg
- Roland MC-505
Don’t forget to subscribe and comment on my Youtube page